PhaseCap Compact with extended voltage range
TDK-EPC, a group company of the TDK Corporation, has extended its range of power factor correction (PFC) capacitors: the EPCOS PhaseCap® Compact series now also includes types with voltages of 690, 800, 900 and 1000 V. The capacitors of the B25673A*A* series offer PFC values of between 5 kvar (50 Hz) and 33 kvar (60 Hz) at capacitance values of between 3 x 11 and 3 x 55 µF.
Thanks to their compact design with diameters of only 116 and 136 mm at
insertion heights of 164 and 200 mm, these capacitors are particularly useful
for designing space-saving PFC systems for industrial networks.
2012050814 / 21.5.2012 / Компоненты / Elhurt Sp. z o.o.
With the new types, the PhaseCap Compact series now covers the following
voltages: 230, 400, 415, 440, 480, 525, 690, 800, 900 and 1000 V. Based on the
proven MKK technology these capacitors can withstand inrush currents of up to
400 times their rated current. The components are PCB-free and self-healing. An
integrated overpressure disconnector en-sures additional safety. The capacitors
are designed for a case temperature of 65 °C (hot spot temperature up to 85 °C)
and a service life of up to 200,000 hours.
The extensive TDK-EPC product range for power factor correction comprises
capacitors, contactors and chokes, in addition to controllers and thyristor
- Reactive power: occurs whenever the phase angle between the current and voltage
shifts. It is caused by inductive loads such as electric motors and
transformers. Reactive power has no use, but is necessarily generated by power
- Power factor correction: reactive power can be almost completely compensated by
connecting-in PFC capacitors. This reduces energy costs as well as environmental
Main features and benefits
- Power factor correction in three-phase industrial networks
Details available in the sales department or directly with the merchant who
looks after your company.
- Voltage range from 230 to 1000 V AC
- Capacitance values between 3 x 11 and 3 x 181 µF (complete product range)
- PFC values between 5 kvar (50 Hz) and 33 kvar (60 Hz)
- infoTHERMA 2014, Ostrava, CZ13.-16.1.2014, Specialized Trade Fair for Ecological and economical heating, energy savings
- Intersec 2014, Dubai, UAE19.-21.1.2014, The Leading Trade Fair for Safety & Security in the Middle East
- embedded world 2014, Nuremberg, DE 25.-27.2. 2014
- SICUR 2014, Madrid, ES25.-28.2.2014 - INTERNATIONAL SECURITY, SAFETY AND FIRE EXHIBITION
- CeBIT 2014, Hannover, DE10.-14.3.2014
- National Electronics Week 2014, Johannesburg11.-12.3.2014
- AMPER 2014 - Brno, CZ18.-21.3.2014 - Brno, Czech republic
- INATRONiCS 2014 Jakarta, Indonesia19.-22.3.2014, The Indonesia’s Most Influential Electronics Industry Platform